Happy Sixth Birthday, Dear Chloe Rose!!!


Dearest Chloe,

Happy Sixth Birthday! SIX! You aren't a baby any more! (Well, you will always be my baby, but not technically a baby!) Come Fall, you will be in school all day with the big kids! I will miss having you as my tag-a-long buddy! And, Kindergarten left us the mornings to snuggle and eat breakfast together. Who will sing along with me in the car during the day as I run errands? Singing "Party In The USA" while driving isn't nearly as fun singing it by myself! Who will help me fold laundry and tell me the most interesting of things while doing so? Who will dance in the kitchen with me during the day? I'll have to wait until the evening now!

Chloe, you came into our family at just the perfect time! I am so grateful that we have you! We need you! I feel so lucky that you are here, and that I get to be your Mother! I am so lucky to get to be a part of your life!

As tradition goes,

CHLOE ROSE BAKER: HERE ARE SIX THINGS I LOVE ABOUT YOU!!!


1. I LOVE, Chloe, that you are a delight! Your comprehension of things and life is well beyond your years. You have a quick mind! Your ability to understand things such as irony at such a young age is incredible! You speak like a grownup, and you continually suprise me with this articulateness.

2. I LOVE, Chloe, that you love to snuggle with me so much! I love that you grab my hand and hold it tightly when you do. I love that you are constantly asking for hugs and smooches. And that any time I am going out the door you will run after me and say "hug and kiss...hug and kiss.." And, I love that when I take you out with me, you hold my hand when we are walking together! The big kids think they are too "cool" for that. :( What will I do when you get old enough to think that as well? Hopefully, you'll still think it's cool to hold my hand for a while longer!

3. I LOVE,Chloe, that even though in your short life you have experienced tremendous adversity, you have a strong spirit! Your ability to find the "sunshine" in difficulties and to even communicate it amazes me!

4.I LOVE, Chloe, playing the "Fives Game" with you. You like to tell me five things that I am doing good and five things I can do better. (I see the consultant in you coming out already...the SWOT method comes absolutely naturally to you!) All the you came up with the game, I have continued to ask you to play because I learn so much from it! I love the five things you said I might want to work on this week. 1. You are not a morning person. 2. You are not a morning person. 3. You are not a morning person 4. You are not a morning person. and 5. You are not a morning person! You crack me up...and I will TRY and be a better morning person!

5. I LOVE, Chloe, that you have so much love to give! You do! I love that you write me countless love notes, and cut out hundreds of paper hearts that you leave in well thought out places for me to discover. I sometimes shed a tear when I find them...but they are happy tears.

6. I LOVE, Chloe, that you love me to sing to you! I love that when you were young you heard the Rod Stewart song, "Have I told You Lately That I Love You?" You said, "Mom, can we call that the Chloe Song?" It has been your song ever since!

I love you dearest Chloe Rose! Happy Birthday!

Love, love, love,
Mommy

Popular Posts