Happy Birthday, Olivia!!!


Dearest Olivia,

Last week, June 18, you turned 9!!! It's hard to believe it! I say this every single year, but it feels like just yesterday you were born. It really does. I still remember sitting there in my room at Alta View Hospital waiting to be rolled down for my C-Section. I was scared because I hadn't had a C-Section with the first three, but I knew it would be TOTALLY worth it to meet you! And was it worth it! I would have a GAZILLION C-Sections to have the gift of having you in my life.

Nobody told me when I was a little girl and was practicing being a mom with my dolls... that my children would teach me INFINITELY more than I would teach them. You teach me so many things! You are a light and an example to everyone around you!

As tradition goes, Olivia, here are 9 things that I LOVE ABOUT YOU!



1. Olivia, I LOVE your femininity. You are truly an elegant and graceful lady! It reflects in every part of you!

2. Olivia, I LOVE your smile! Your eyes smile, as well! Those gorgeous, twinkling eyes. The energy that dances in your eyes and the sincerity of your smile brighten my every day!

3. Olivia, I LOVE your soft voice. The sweetness and softness of your voice is a joy to be around! Olivia, your name means peaceful. And, fittingly, you are a peaceful, gentle soul.

4. Olivia, I LOVE to listen to you sing! Whether it's Miley Cyrus, or a Primary Song, or something you have made up....it really doesn't matter. Your voice is beautiful! NEVER stop singing!

5. Olivia, I LOVE your humor. You crack me up regularly! I love to laugh, and you, Olivia, are a light-hearted, delightful girl!

6. Olivia, I LOVE your style! You, perhaps, love fashion as much as your mama! We share a passion for fashion! I get so much joy from looking at the pages and pages of dresses you have drawn designs for. Soon I'll teach you to sew, so your beautiful designs will be a reality!

7. Olivia, I LOVE how much you love and care for your little sister, Chloe. You are a wonderful big sister! I love to see you reading to her, or teaching her how to design dresses, or whatever it is you happen to be helping her with at the moment!

8. Olivia, I LOVE how you WROTE and SANG a song about Chloe for her birthday today. You seem to already understand that the best gifts are from the heart. It was sincere, thought out, beautiful, and full of love! No better kind of present exists!

9 Olivia, I LOVE that you are generous! You are quick to share with someone what you love and appreciate about them! I hope you will never stop doing this. The world needs more people like that!

I LOVE YOU, FOREVER!

Mom

Popular Posts