Back to School in a New Home

Well, we are here. We have furniture in, and even some art hung on the walls. The inside of the house actually looks nice. The bummer is the three car garage FULL of boxes still and the basement that is about half full. I figure we will get to them eventually. We will also be having a garage sale in a couple of weeks, and I am hoping that will help.

The kids are adjusting well to our new place--even my teenager. Our neighbors are terrific. Our very first night here, we were greeted with a yummy dinner and a family from the block mowing and weeding our yard for us. It was so nice. Since then we have enjoyed lots of fresh veggies from the old man across the street, and a multitude of baked goods and homemade jams and jellies from other thoughtful neighbors.

We enjoyed roasting marshmellows and making s'mores with neighbors on Friday night, and are looking forward to the neighborhood barbeque this weekend they are holding in honor of our family moving in.

Funny story, the other day one of my new neighbors giggled when she saw me. I asked her what was so funny. She replied, "I'm glad you put some clothes on. Olivia (my four year old) informed me you couldn't come out and visit 'cause you where lying on your bed with no clothes on." Goodtimes. Actually, I was lying on the bed in my underwear--and was mustering up the energy to get up and get dressed. Moving is EXHAUSTING. I had forgotten how much work it really is. It will be a long time before I do this again!

The kids are back to school, except for my preschooler who begins next week. It is nice to have some time with just the younger two.

Life is good, I just need to buck up and finish unpacking. I think I may have located the flour and sugar and other baking staples in the garage. Maybe I will bake something yummy today.

Love,
Shannon

Popular Posts