THE KEY: An Essay By Olivia Jane Baker, Age 10


Many of you know that we are moving. It's amazing the fun little things you find when moving...missing socks, crayons, hair accessories, etc. tucked behind and underneath things. One fun find was a booger collection on the wall next to the bed of a daughter who will remain unnamed for the sake of saving her from embarrassment. Scrubbing mounds of hardened boogers from a wall while trying not to damage paint is not a recipe for fun.

Tonight, however, I found a treasure while cleaning hidden remnants from life in this home. My Olivia, who writes constantly, had written her thoughts on a paper that was wrinkled and tucked between her bed and the wall. I read it. It is priceless. If the scanner wasn't already packed, I would have scanned it. Seeing it in her sweet handwriting makes it all the more a treasure.

Because it may be several days before I have Internet service in my new home, I couldn't help myself but share it tonight.

Here goes....



FINDING THE KEY, By Olivia Jane Baker

The key means your self, and those little problems in your life that don't seem so big and bad any more.

The key also shows you how you are. But to find the key it takes the other path. The second path to be exact.

The second path tells you "you can't be doing this because I don't like doing this." That may be their path, but that is not yours.

The second path is so many things. Like finding a new way in life. If you want to be true to your self then you need not be afraid of what other people think of you. But if you know or if it is hurtful, it is not true. Not true at all. You are your own person. Someone else is not you. They do not make you decisions.

The second path in life is also if your life is going wrong, you know how to change it and if you don't you will very soon...or not so soon...but you will.




My ten year old may be smarter than I am. I am so lucky to have her.

Love,
Shannon

Popular Posts