Tender-Hearted Time


This is my first baby. He came into this world on a hot Summer day in August of 1992. At that time, David and I were living in Logan while Dave was attending the University there. It was a season in our life of tremendous LEAN. We were poor! When I say poor, I mean three people living on less then $900 a month. We ate more Macaroni and Cheese and Totinos Pizza than should be legal. But, regardless of how little money we had, we felt that life couldn't be more rich as we received this priceless treasure...our new son.

It's now Spring of 2010 and I find myself making preparations for this son's graduation from high school. While I knew that there would be tender feelings, I didn't anticipate feeling as tender as I do. Lots of emotions. Life really does move along. You always hear older people say that it does. I guess now I am really beginning to understand it.

I love this boy.

Shannon

Popular Posts