Because I Never Want To Forget:

With five children, I cannot begin to remember all the funny things they have said through the years. SERIOUSLY funny. Last month my Olivia said something so funny I thought I better blog it or I will someday forget it.

Olivia is six. She is the fibber in our family. That is a polite way of saying....the girl can lie:) You will watch her do something and tell her not to do it, and she will immediately say, "I did not!"

One evening last summer as I was tucking her into bed I asked her if she could please try really hard to be better at telling the truth. "Sure" she responded. Thinking I should go on a making it a teaching moment I said, "because, Olivia, it is important to know that there are angels in heaven who keep a book with your name on it. Every time you tell a lie they write it down in your book."

Thinking this would help hit my point home that it is important to be honest, I was pleased with myself.......until.........she replied, "No mom, I'm good.....I still have two more years 'til I'm eight."

UUUUUUUGGGGGGHHH. She is an evil genius.

Love,
Shannon

Popular Posts