Invisible Blood?


So with the economy being a bit more difficult for most of us, I have found myself being much more mindful of being wasteful with our resources. Part of this process has meant that I will no longer give the kids a band aid EVERY time they think they need one. I know that sounds really mean, but if you had any idea how many band aids we blaze through at our house you would understand this. My rule has been, if there is blood, I will get a band aid.

So, tonight O tripped and came running and yelling as she did, "MOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM, I NNEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD a Band Aid!!!!!!!!" I simply asked, "O, are you bleeding?" Her reply, "MOOOOOOMMMMMMM, don't you know that I have a special kind of blood? It's invisible. Trust me, it's everywhere!!!!!!!!"

How could I not reward such ingenuity? Of course, I had to give her the band aid.
sb

Popular Posts