Dearest Grandma




My good friends know that my grandmother passed away one week ago Friday. Last Tuesday was her funeral. I haven't blogged about it yet, because my feelings have been too tender. I decided in tribute to my grandmother to just record some of my favorite memories with her.

Sleep overs at her home as as a child, and playing beauty shop while she put rollers in my hair.

After walks with grandpa, grandma making watercress sandwiches from the watercress grandpa and I had picked on our walk.

Long gospel discussions with her that ALWAYS ended in her bearing her testimony to me.

Grandma listening to me for hours on end as I discussed my problems and the deepest feelings in my heart.

Watching grandma with her grown children. They always had so much fun together.

Watching her always be gracious and a lady. I NEVER saw her be anything less.


Grandma had a faith and a commitment to gospel living that was exceptional. There was no doubt of her love for the Lord and her Father in Heaven. I will truly miss her and her example. The funeral was beautiful. It was especially sweet for me and the kids to visit with Apostle Hales. While I have meet most of the Apostles, I had not met Elder Hales before. What a sweet opportunity this was. He is so full of love. A HUGE teddy bear. I'll don't think I'll ever forget it.


Love,
Shannon

Popular Posts